It's commonplace for avid climbers to opt for footwear that is far smaller than their actual size to ensure a snug fit which can lead to pain and discomfort right off the bat, so the ATHOS climbing shoes have been developed as a better alternative.
The shoes are 3D-printed according to the exact specifications of the climber's foot, which will ensure that they have an optimal grip when they climb without having to deal with any discomfort that comes with mass-produced styles. The shoes are constructed using the additive manufacturing (AM) method and are constructed using vulcanized rubber along with TPU to ensure durability and comfort.
The ATHOS climbing shoes are a National Winner of the James Dyson Award and in the running for the International round of the awards program.
ATHOS Climbing Shoes Ensure a Comfortable, Customized Fit
1. Custom 3D Printing - Developing customizable products using 3D printing technology creates added value for consumers.
2. Additive Manufacturing - The use of additive manufacturing not only enables customization, but also offers increased efficiency and reduced waste.
3. Sustainable Footwear - Developing footwear using sustainable materials can contribute to reducing the carbon footprint of the fashion industry.
1. Athletic Footwear - Using 3D printing to create athletic footwear can provide a competitive advantage by offering tailored and comfortable products.
2. Manufacturing - Additive manufacturing has the potential to revolutionize traditional manufacturing processes by increasing efficiency and reducing waste.
3. Sustainable Fashion - Incorporating sustainable materials and production methods into fashion can differentiate brands and appeal to environmentally conscious consumers.