The Cleansing Body Bar by Alder New York was inspired by the Everyday Face Cleanser and it takes the form of an exfoliating, fragrance-free soap bar. The soap with 1% glycolic acid, sea kelp and jojoba beads boasts a coconut-derived cleansing system that creates a rich and creamy lather.
Although people are familiar with seeing liquids, gels and scrubs formulated with the chemical exfoliant glycolic acid, creating a solid shampoo bar was a unique challenge. As Nina Zilka, co-founder and CEO of Alder New York, says, it was "quite tricky to formulate a bar soap with glycolic acid, because the acid softens the solid bar."
Inspired by skincare, brands are creating whole-body skincare products that incorporate hero ingredients that are effective for their deeply hydrating or gently exfoliating properties.
Image Credit: Alder New York
Alder New York's Cleansing Body Bar Contains 1% Glycolic Acid
1. Body Bar Skincare - Creating skincare products in bar form for whole-body use incorporating hero ingredients.
2. Chemical Exfoliant Solid Formulations - Developing solid formulations of skincare products with chemical exfoliants.
3. Coconut-derived Cleansing System - Incorporating coconut-derived cleansing systems in skincare products for richer lather and creamier texture.
1. Skincare - Integrating hero ingredients like glycolic acid from face care into body care, giving rise to a new segment of the skincare market.
2. Soap Manufacturing - Creating new formulations for soap manufacturing with glycolic acid and developing processes to prevent content degradation.
3. Sustainable Cosmetics - Introducing sustainable and eco-friendly processes in production to appeal to the growing popularity of eco-consciousness.