Citymapper has long been a popular app in the core of London thanks to its adept skill in parsing the complex London transit system and offering up the quickest, most efficient route, so the company is making use of its data-crunching capabilities with a Citymapper Smartbus stable. The company believes that it can run a smarter bus service, and so it's released a set of buses decked out with technology that aims to be as efficient as possible.
The company is labeling its Citymapper Smartbus routes as a "pop-up" service, as it will run for just two days through central London. However, if the routes prove successful, the company hopes to expand it into a more regular service (such approval would be dependent on London's transport agency.)
The Citymapper Smartbus Will Run Routes Through Central London
1. Smart Public Transportation - The integration of technology in public transportation to provide better efficiency and performance.
2. Pop-up Services - The utilization of pop-up services to test new products or services before committing long-term resources.
3. Data-driven Operations - The collection and analysis of data to create smarter and more efficient business operations.
1. Transportation - The introduction of technologies to improve public transportation could create opportunities for transit companies and startups to develop more efficient bus routes.
2. Technology - The development of new technologies and applications can transform the way people use public transportation, leading to new opportunities for tech companies to partner with transit agencies.
3. Advertising - Pop-up bus routes offer a unique opportunity for advertisers to test new marketing tactics to connect with a captive audience during their commute.