The Chevrolet Tahoe RST (which stands for "Rally Sport Trucks") represents the American automaker's first foray into the speedy SUV segment. The family hauler is powered by a 6.2-liter V8 making 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque. It features Chevy's Magnetic Ride Control suspension which reads the road to make changes in the shock absorbers in as quick as five milliseconds. The Chevrolet Tahoe RST also offers an optional Brembo brake package for added stopping power.
SUVs have been selling like hot cakes in the United States, and automakers have been eager to find new ways to make even more cash from the segment. Adding luxury works, but so too does adding performance capabilities. The Chevrolet Tahoe RST is a bit late to the game but should be a strong seller nonetheless. Chevy is calling this a special edition but don't be shocked if the RST trim manages to secure a permanent spot in the Tahoe lineup.
The Chevrolet Tahoe RST is a Performance-focused Family Hauler
1. Speedy Suvs - Automakers are adding performance capabilities to their SUVs to attract consumers and differentiate themselves in a crowded market.
2. Magnetic Ride Control Suspension - The development of advanced suspension technologies is making it possible to improve ride quality and handling, and automakers could differentiate their offerings by investing in these types of innovations.
3. Custom Brake Packages - Offering optional brake packages with improved stopping power could be a way for automakers to differentiate their performance-focused SUVs from the competition.
1. Automotive - Automakers can generate excitement and increase profits by introducing performance-focused SUVs that differentiate themselves in a crowded market.
2. Luxury Goods - Luxury goods companies can partner with automakers to develop high-end custom features for SUVs aimed at consumers who desire luxury performance capabilities.
3. Advanced Suspension Technologies - Companies that specialize in developing advanced suspension technologies can partner with automakers to provide cutting-edge features that increase ride quality and handling of performance-focused SUVs.