After the huge success of last year's limited-edition release of Planters Cheez Balls, the company has announced that its iconic, neon orange 90s snack is here to stay -- and to celebrate, Planters is giving a few lucky fans a Cheez Powder Shaker.
The shakers are filled with three ounces of the "cheez" so consumers can turn all their favorite foods into cheezy goodness. Fans can enter to win one of the limited Cheez Powder Shakers by sharing on social the food they'd love to use the top with Cheez using the hashtag #CheezBallContest and tagging @MrPeanut. The contest begins Tuesday, August 20th and ends Sunday, September 1st.
The Cheez Ball Contest has also partnered with chef and restaurateur Richard Blais to give superfans the opportunity to sample a new, Cheez Powder-filled menu at Astor Place in New York City.
Planters is Relaunching its Cheez Balls with Cheez Powder Shakers
1. Retro Snack Revival - Opportunities for companies to bring back nostalgic snacks and capitalize on consumers' desire for comfort and familiarity.
2. Customization Through Condiments - Innovative flavor powders provide a novel way for consumers to personalize their meals.
3. Social Media Promotions - Companies can leverage user-generated content on social media platforms to increase brand awareness and engagement.
1. Food and Beverage - Brands can create and market new iterations of nostalgic snacks to appeal to consumers' desire for familiarity and comfort.
2. Condiments and Sauces - Condiment brands can develop innovative, customizable flavor powders and sauces to tap into the trend of personalized dining experiences.
3. Social Media Marketing - Marketing firms can help companies develop social media campaigns to amplify consumer engagement and user-generated content around branded promotions.