When it comes to facial hair, it doesn’t get any more epic than San Francisco Giants’ Brian Wilson, which is exactly what the ‘Cheer The Beard’ Cap symbolizes.
Ever since Brian Wilson showed off his thickly dyed beard, his fans have personified it as a thing of terror to opposing teams -- hence the infamous ‘Fear The Beard’ signs at games. 'superFishal' and New Era have decided to re-interpret the baseball player’s facial hair as something more friendly with the ‘Cheer The Beard’ cap. The front features Wilson’s face with a detachable beard, but who really wants to take it off right?
The ‘Cheer The Beard’ Cap will definitely have Giant’s fans wearing this to home games to show their support for Wilson -- and his epic beard.
The ‘Cheer The Beard' Cap Pays Tribute to Brian Wilson
1. Detachable Facial Hair Hats - More products similar to the 'Cheer The Beard' Cap that allow consumers to show support for their favorite sports players and their epic facial hair could become popular.
2. Fan Merchandise Reinterpretation - There is a potential trend where more merchandise companies create unique products that reinterpret famous athletes through a playful and humorous lens to sell to fans.
3. Iconic Athlete Characteristics in Merchandise - Future trends in merchandising may focus on incorporating a famous athlete's distinct and well-known characteristics, such as Brian Wilson's iconic beard, into the design of fan products.
1. Sports Fan Merchandise - The sports fan merchandise industry could capitalize on the trend of creating unique and playful products that reinterpret famous athletes.
2. Athlete Endorsements - More athletes could potentially utilize their unique physical characteristics as a way to endorse or create their own line of merchandise.
3. Costume & Novelty Apparel - The costume and novelty apparel industry could also expand by creating products that allow consumers to dress up and emulate their favorite athletes, like the detachable beard on the 'Cheer The Beard' Cap.