In the Western world, many children take schooling for granted, so the creator of Chatterbox Cereal packaging has gone out of her way to make the idea of education all the more delicious.
To do this, Tara Baker readapted the iconography of retro breakfast boxes, inspired by the soft but playful simplicity that much contemporary child-aimed branding lacks. A common cursive typeface was chosen to indicate the product's name, and illustrations depicting a bowl and a hand holding the spoon demarcate the contents quite clearly.
Each of the three cereal varieties are associated with three separate combinations of colors, inside and outside of the box. The distinctive hues reference the different categories of the snacks' shapes within Chatterbox Cereal packaging, providing young kids with clues of how to recognize, analyze and organize their food as they eat it to promote active learning at home.
Chatterbox Cereal Packaging Serves Up Food for Thought
1. Child-centric Branding - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create packaging designs that engage children and enhance their learning experience.
2. Educational Packaging - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop packaging that incorporates educational elements to make learning fun and interactive.
3. Interactive Food Products - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design food products that provide interactive experiences for children, encouraging active learning.
1. Food Packaging - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore innovative packaging solutions that cater to the needs of children and provide educational value.
2. Branding and Marketing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilize child-centric branding strategies to create engaging experiences and drive consumer behavior.
3. Education and Learning - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate educational elements into various products and encourage learning in unconventional settings and contexts.