The Chair & Chair looks like a three dimensional version of the classic ampersand symbol. Granted, it is slightly warped, spilling outwards like a beer belly in order to provide a more comfortable perch. Granted, if the symbol was recreated faithfully, the Chair & Chair could have been used as a supported leaning post that would have been more healthy than sitting down normally.
Designed by Tatiana Bortkevica, an interior and product designer born in Riga and based in Paris, the Chair & Chair boasts a stunning combination of flowing lines, colors and materials. Forming an artistic and dynamic piece of furniture for the home, it will bring character to existing decor. Although slightly on the cartoonish side, its modern aesthetic can still be considered sophisticated.
Chair & Chair by Tatiana Bortkevica is Inspired by an Alphabet Symbol
1. Symbol-inspired Furniture - Opportunity to create furniture designs inspired by symbols and typography that not only showcase creativity but also offer comfort and functionality.
2. Warped Design Elements - Opportunity to incorporate distortion and warping in furniture design to offer a unique and comfortable experience to users.
3. Playful Sophistication - Opportunity to design furniture with a playful aesthetic that still exudes sophistication.
1. Furniture Design - The furniture industry can incorporate symbol-inspired designs and warped elements to create unique and comfortable seating solutions for a variety of settings.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can use symbol-inspired furniture to add character and visual interest to living, working, and public spaces.
3. Product Design - Product designers can explore the use of symbols and typography in furniture design to create innovative seating solutions.