In what could easily become confusing and over-designed, Catherine Malandrino, drawing upon four humanism motivations, presented a cohesive collection that played on the designer's strengths.
Cultures such as the Nuba of Sudan, the Berbers of North Africa, the Cashibo of Peru, and the Samoans of Polynesia humanism motivations, made for a hand-crafted array of recurring silhouettes complete with tribal appliques, zebra print, draped layers, intricate beading, and bright hues. Check out more images from the Catherine Malandrino Spring 2010 collection above.
Malandrino's Four Culture-Chic Inspirations for Spring 2010
1. Humanistic Fashion - Utilizing cultural inspirations and hand-crafted techniques to create cohesive collections.
2. Tribal Appliques - Incorporating intricate tribal designs into fashion pieces for added depth and texture.
3. Bright Hues - Using bold and bright colors to make a statement with fashion pieces.
1. Fashion - Opportunities for designers to experiment with cultural inspirations and hand-made techniques in their collections.
2. Textile - The use of complex tribal designs can create demand for specialized fabrics and textiles.
3. Retail - The incorporation of bold colors and tribal designs can create unique and eye-catching merchandising displays.