When a group of students from the Sejong University in South Korea wished to participate in a design show in Tokyo, it was the Carry Home Project that got them there. Firstly, the clever creation of pop-up furnishings was what drew exhibit visitors to their tiny shipping container kiosk, but more impressively, this booth actually served as their home away from home.
The young exhibitors could not afford to stay in a hotel in Japan, so each of them brought either a closet, a table, a lounger, a hanging storage system or a shelf, made from corrugated plastic and capable of being folded up into the portable dimensions of airline-acceptable luggage in the form of the Carry Home Project.
Carry Home Makes the Important Features of a Living Space Portable
1. Pop-up Furnishings - There is a growing trend towards portable and collapsible furniture that can be easily transported and set up in various locations.
2. Portable Living Spaces - The concept of portable living spaces, such as the Carry Home Project, is becoming popular among travelers and nomadic individuals.
3. Corrugated Plastic Furniture - The use of corrugated plastic as a material for creating lightweight and durable furniture is on the rise, offering new opportunities for innovation in the furniture industry.
1. Hospitality - Hotels and short-term rental accommodations can explore the idea of offering pop-up furnishings to cater to the needs of travelers looking for flexible and portable living solutions.
2. Travel and Tourism - Companies in the travel and tourism industry can tap into the trend of portable living spaces to create unique and convenient experiences for travelers.
3. Furniture Manufacturing - The furniture manufacturing industry should explore the potential of utilizing corrugated plastic as a sustainable and versatile material for creating innovative and portable furniture designs.