The dangerous, yet alluring femme fatale is a familiar muse in the fashion world and for New York Fashion Week, the Carmen Marc Valvo Fall 2014 collection brought modernity to medieval woman warriors.
As a whole, the use of navy blues and blacks throughout the collection makes it quite dark and dramatic. However, it is punctuated by reds and shimmery silvers to break it up in some spots. Models during the runway show were quite covered up, with not a bare leg in sight. Aside from the long silhouettes, the collection’s medieval influences can be seen on breastplates with metallic detailing, belts, sheath dresses and the use of chain mail.
Since evening wear is one of Carmen Marc Valvo’s specialties, it’s likely that some of these fierce dresses will be gracing the red carpets soon.
The Carmen Marc Valvo Fall 2014 Looks Embody Woman Warriors
1. Medieval Fashion - There is an opportunity for fashion designers to create modern medieval-themed fashion that embodies strength and power.
2. Dark Color Palette - There is potential to create dramatic and edgy fashion collections through the use of a predominantly dark color palette with bright accents.
3. Full Coverage Apparel - There is a trend towards more covered-up fashion that still manages to convey sensuality and allure, presenting an opportunity for designers to create modest but powerful looks.
1. Fashion - Fashion designers can draw inspiration from medieval and warrior themes, and experiment with dark color palettes and full-coverage apparel to create edgy, yet powerful, collections.
2. Costuming - The entertainment and theater industry may find the medieval and warrior-themed clothing well-suited for costuming in films, TV shows, and plays.
3. Event Planning - Event planners can use these medieval-inspired fashion trends to create unique and dramatic themed events such as weddings, proms and other formal events.