Andrew Slorance used his own spinal injury as inspiration to design the Carbon Black Wheelchair, arguably the most stylish mobility device on the market.
The chair was constructed using F1 carbon spec fiber, a material that is both lightweight and robust, in order to fulfill all of Slorance's design objectives. F1 engineers can fashion the design to bespoke measurements for greater usability.
The sleek, minimal design, which incorporates the seat as part of the core structure, does so much more than just allow the users to ride in style. It actually works to change people's perception of wheelchairs and the people who use them. The Carbon Black Wheelchair is designed to prove that medical mobility does not need to be functional to the exclusion of style.
The Carbon Black Wheelchair Allows Users to Ride in Style
1. Stylish Mobility Devices - Designing visually appealing mobility devices that change people's perception of medical mobility.
2. F1-inspired Materials Usage - Incorporating F1 carbon spec fiber to create lightweight and robust materials to improve usability.
3. Bespoke Medical Mobility Devices - Creating medical mobility devices with bespoke measurements for personalized and convenient use.
1. Medical Devices - Integrating stylish design into medical devices to improve the user experience and disrupt the industry.
2. Automotive - Applying F1-inspired materials to automotive design to enhance performance and create disruptive innovation opportunities.
3. Fashion - Partnering with designers to integrate medical mobility devices into fashion items that cater to both style and functionality.