The Canon EOS C100 Mark II is a digital video camera that is a considerable upgrade over its predecessor. For starters, it comes with an extended ISO range, Dual Pixel Autofocus and new and improved viewfinders and monitors.
The camera's engine is the same 8.3-megapixel Super 35-mm sensor that is used in many other Cinema EOS cameras. It works in tandem with a DIGIC DV4 image processor which splits the RGB output into a trio of 8-megapixel signals to improve image quality.
The camera doesn't offer 4K video recording but does provide a variety of Full HD shooting options. It also offers uncompressed video output using HDMI, perfect for external recording.
The Canon EOS C100 Mark II digital video camera will be available from purchase from the end of the year, and will cost $5,500.
The Canon EOS C100 Mark II is Designed For Videographers
1. Extended ISO Range - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in developing cameras with even higher ISO ranges for low-light shooting.
2. Dual Pixel Autofocus - Potential for disruptive innovation in implementing improved autofocus technology in video cameras for faster and more accurate focus acquisition.
3. Uncompressed Video Output - Disruptive innovation opportunity in creating video cameras with enhanced uncompressed video output capabilities for seamless external recording.
1. Digital Cameras - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the digital camera industry by developing advanced video cameras with upgraded features and improved image quality.
2. Film and Video Production - Potential for disruptive innovation in the film and video production industry through the adoption of new video camera technologies that offer enhanced shooting options and outputs.
3. Professional Photography Equipment - Disruptive innovation opportunity in the professional photography equipment industry by introducing new video cameras with extended ISO ranges and advanced autofocus capabilities.