This spread in Candy Magazine is one amongst many controversial shoots for the new issue. This transversal style magazine is the same one featuring James Franco in complete drag.
To continue with the theme of controversy, Candy Magazine has featured professional drag queen, Amanda, in her all-american glory in this spread entitled 'Amanda the Beautiful.'
Amanda is seen in Candy Magazine rocking the stars and stripes on a rooftop patio.
Implications - Due to the abundance of advertising in society, citizens have gradually become desensitized to their images. These consumers now only pay attention to advertisements containing shocking or taboo graphics that make the brand memorable. Companies can incorporate these features into their marketing campaigns to ensure that their brand reaches their desired demographic.
The ‘Amanda the Beautiful' Spread for Candy Magazine
1. Controversial Shoots - The rise of controversial shoots in magazines is creating opportunities for brands to make their advertising memorable and attention-grabbing.
2. Transversal Style Magazine - The popularity of transversal style magazines provides opportunities for brands to reach a diverse audience and challenge traditional gender norms in their marketing campaigns.
3. Desensitization to Advertising - The desensitization of consumers to traditional advertising images opens up opportunities for brands to incorporate shocking or taboo graphics to make their brand memorable.
1. Fashion and Magazine Publishing - The fashion and magazine publishing industries can take advantage of controversial shoots and transversal style magazines to create innovative and attention-grabbing content.
2. Marketing and Advertising - The marketing and advertising industries can leverage the desensitization of consumers to traditional advertising images by incorporating shocking or taboo graphics in their campaigns.
3. Entertainment and Media - The entertainment and media industries can explore the rise of controversial shoots and transversal style magazines to challenge societal norms and reach a diverse audience.