With Volkswagen being one of the most popular consumer auto companies, Trend Hunter Editor Jaime Neely was thrilled when she was asked to check out the latest Volkswagen Cross Coupe at the Canadian International Autoshow. Neely had a chance to sit down and have a chat with Tracy Sinyard, a product planner for Volkswagen, who took her through what drivers can expect from the new coupe.
Jaime: Hi guys! It's Jaime from Trend Hunter. This morning we're at the Canadian International Autoshow, and we're here with Volkswagen seeing a brand new concept car. Shhh...it's a secret! I'm here with with Tracy Sinyard, a product planner, and we're going to ask her some questions!
What motivates you to work in the car industry?
Tracy: For me it's a real passion for cars. I love to drive anything mobile. I mountain bike, I ride motorcycles and cars are no exception. I love to be around them, drive them, it's fun! I've been fortunate to get into a role where I'm dealing directly with the cars every day. I think you have to be a certain kind of someone to be involved with cars every day. It's all I talk about.
Jaime: What do you see as an important trend coming up in the auto industry?
Tracy: I think in the car industry, with all the messages out there about saving the environment, sustainability is really something where we all want to consume less and be more efficient. You're going to see this in the cars with our clean diesel technology you can go further on a tank of gas without compromising. I think that's some of the trends. We've listened to fuel economy and we've got a high percentage up there. Now, sustainability is our concern in terms of competitiveness and making that statement that you're not hurting the environment while driving our product.
Jaime: One last question, what are you most excited about coming up for the Volkswagen brand?
Tracy: Right now I'm most excited about showing our new Cross Coupe. That's something that drives a lot of emotion to the customer. We even put a survey together and we're trying to get some feedback about bringing it to market. I'm really excited about that. I'm always excited about Beetles too, my kids and I still "punch buggy" each other.
Jaime Neely Checks Out the Canadian International Autoshow
1. Sustainability in Auto Industry - Opportunity to develop and promote clean and efficient driving technologies that address environmental concerns.
2. Fuel Economy and Efficiency - Opportunity to create cars that can go further on a tank of gas and provide high fuel economy without compromising performance.
3. Emotion-driven Designs - Opportunity to create visually appealing and emotionally captivating car designs that evoke positive customer responses.
1. Automotive Industry - Opportunity to incorporate sustainable technologies and improve fuel efficiency across the industry.
2. Environmental Services - Opportunity to develop and provide eco-friendly solutions for car manufacturing, maintenance, and disposal.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Opportunity to create impactful and emotion-driven campaigns that resonate with customers and promote car brands.