The Campana Brothers — Humberto and Fernando Campana, have become widely recognized for their absolutely stunning sculptural furniture that heavily borrows aesthetic cues from the movement of surrealism. The new collection — which was debuted at the Carpenters Workshop Gallery in London, embraces similar stylistic and experimental characteristics with a mythological twist. For the silhouettes of the furniture, the designers tap Noah's Ark for inspiration.
The new Campana Brothers range boasts 13 furniture pieces that are strongly informed by the aesthetics and the textures of animal skin. Select objects like the white bench and the wall table are slickly accented by intertwined and heavily detailed creatures made out of bronze and aluminum.
The exhibition was dubbed 'Hybridism' and it marks the Campana Brothers' first solo show at the Carpenters Workshop Gallery.
The Campana Brothers Channel the Story of Noah's Ark
1. Surrealist Furniture - Exploring the boundaries of art and function through furniture design inspired by surrealism.
2. Mythology-inspired Design - Drawing inspiration from ancient myths and legends to create unique and captivating furniture pieces.
3. Animal Motifs in Furniture - Incorporating animal-inspired textures and patterns into furniture design for a bold and unconventional aesthetic.
1. Art and Design - Opportunities for artists and designers to create innovative and visually stunning pieces that blur the lines between art and furniture.
2. Home Furnishings - The fusion of art and furniture design offers new possibilities for creating statement pieces and unique home decor items.
3. Luxury Goods - The use of mythology and surrealism in furniture design presents an opportunity for luxury brands to create exclusive and exotic furniture collections.