For the back-to-school season, Kroger is running a campaign on TikTok, the short-form mobile video app, with a handful of influencers that invites users to show their dorm room transformations. The #TransformUrDorm challenge sets itself apart from other sponsored hashtags that have previously been introduced on the platform because Kroger has its own dedicated brand page that can be used for in-app shopping.
On the branded page, users are able to discover and purchase products specifically targeted towards college-age kids—including items that are a mix of fun and practical like popcorn makers and laundry baskets.
As part of its sponsored hashtag challenge campaign, TikTok is now introducing this feature with in-app shopping as the Hashtag Challenge Plus.
Kroger's Campaign on TikTok Has College Kids Share Dorm Rooms
1. In-app Shopping - TikTok's Hashtag Challenge Plus feature introduces in-app shopping, creating opportunities for brands to reach and sell to users directly.
2. Social Media Campaigns - Kroger's back-to-school campaign on TikTok highlights the growing trend of brands leveraging social media platforms to engage with college-age consumers and promote their products.
3. Dorm Room Transformations - The #TransformUrDorm challenge on TikTok showcases the trend of college students sharing creative dorm room makeovers, presenting opportunities for brands to offer products tailored to this market segment.
1. Retail - In-app shopping on TikTok opens up new possibilities for retailers to connect with consumers and drive sales through a popular social media platform.
2. Social Media Marketing - Kroger's successful campaign on TikTok highlights the importance of incorporating social media strategies into marketing efforts to reach young consumers effectively and drive brand awareness.
3. Home Decor & Lifestyle - The trend of dorm room transformations on TikTok presents opportunities for companies in the home decor and lifestyle industries to cater to college students' needs and preferences for personalized living spaces.