You'd think that designers would have this sort of object right by now, given that people have been boiling water over the stove for generations and over the fire for ages. This Calphalon Kettle concept was born from the desire to shed the physical flaws of the simple appliance to improve massively on its user-friendliness.
What J. Edward Myslik came up with are several notable changes. The first is the exaggerated handle that's been optimized for ergonomics. This is one's primary contact point with the vessel after all. An open handgrip on the Calphalon Kettle concept makes it easy to take hold of quickly once the liquid's boiled and puts less pressure on the wrist. Additionally, a whistler with a protruding tag is simpler to remove without burning your fingers.
This Calphalon Kettle Concept Perfects the Mass-Produced Object
1. Ergonomic Kettles - There is an opportunity for the development of kettles with innovative ergonomic designs to improve user-friendliness.
2. Smart Kettles - Developing smart kettles could provide an opportunity for the integration of technology and convenience into kitchen appliances.
3. Sustainable Kettles - Creating sustainable kettles that don’t compromise on design or user-friendliness could provide an opportunity for environmentally conscious consumers.
1. Consumer Electronics - The consumer electronics industry could explore ergonomic and smart kettle designs to expand their product offerings.
2. Kitchen Appliances - The kitchen appliance industry could benefit from the development of innovative and user-friendly kettles with features that provide value to consumers.
3. Sustainable Manufacturing - The sustainable manufacturing industry could develop eco-friendly kettles for environmentally conscious customers.