As if the Internet hype for The Weeknd wasn’t enough, Fader just released this ‘By The Numbers: The Weeknd’s Thursday’ infographic to further propel the emerging Toronto R&B singer into greater stardom. The clever chart breaks down Abel Tesfaye’s efforts into categories like 'Downer Namechecks' and 'Seconds of Crying on The Birds Part 2.' Fans of the new mixtape will surely appreciate all this chart has to provide.
My favorite statistic in the ‘By The Numbers: The Weeknd’s Thursday’ infographic is the balloon count, which illuminates to readers how many balloons are present on the cover of the Weeknd’s first and second mixtapes.
Implications - Consumers in first world nations no longer process information the way they used to due to technological advancements speeding up people’s information absorption. Corporations looking to disseminate their information in a manner more suitable to North American audiences may consider using infographics as the images, numbers and text presented in these charts are concise and direct.
‘By The Numbers: The Weeknd's Thursday' Breaks Down New Al
1. Infographic Consumption - Corporations can take advantage of the trend of consumers processing information differently by creating infographics to disseminate their messages in a concise and direct manner.
2. Internet Hype - The Weeknd's rise to stardom is a result of the internet hype surrounding their music, indicating a trend of online buzz playing a significant role in launching artists' careers.
3. Detailed Breakdowns - The popularity of infographics that provide detailed breakdowns and analysis of content reflects a trend of consumers seeking in-depth information in a visually appealing format.
1. Marketing and Advertising - The marketing and advertising industry can utilize infographics to create visually engaging content and effectively communicate information to target audiences.
2. Music and Entertainment - The music and entertainment industry can leverage the power of online hype and digital platforms to propel emerging artists to mainstream success.
3. Data Visualization - The growing demand for detailed breakdowns and analysis through infographics presents opportunities for professionals and companies specializing in data visualization to provide valuable services.