Butter Goods, an Australian apparel brand, recently put out its Summer 2016 lookbook, for consumers who're experiencing warm weather during the holiday season. The collection is comprised of t-shirts, crewnecks, hoodies and accessories -- all of which feature unique graphics.
While some pieces include Butter Goods' name in simple fashion, others draw from pop culture motifs. For example, a series of shirts contain Pink Panther and Felix the Cat -- vintage cartoon characters who've gained international recognition.
In addition to these characters, the Butter Goods Summer 2016 lookbook showcases old-school lettering and cynical slogans -- speaking to the youthful males that make up much of its consumer base. As HYPEBEAST reports, the collection will soon be available from HBX.
Butter Goods' Summer Lookbook Features Pink Panther and Felix the Cat
1. Retro Streetwear Fashion - There is a growing demand for nostalgic cultural trends in the fashion industry that can be tapped into by incorporating iconic vintage graphics into modern designs.
2. Pop Culture Revival - Incorporating retro pop culture references into clothing lines is an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the fashion industry, as it generates interest from a wider range of consumers.
3. Youth-centric Apparel - Creating brand identity and catering to young male consumers through the use of bold lettering and cynical slogans is an innovative trend with prospects in the streetwear industry.
1. Fashion and Apparel - There are disruptive innovation opportunities in the fashion and apparel industry by incorporating retro pop culture references into contemporary designs to appeal to a wider consumer range.
2. Clothing Manufacture & Design - Manufacturing and designing clothing for a younger, male demographic using bold icons and slogans is a path for disruptive innovation in the clothing industry.
3. E-commerce - The e-commerce industry has the opportunity to disrupt the fashion industry by participating in pop culture revival trends, such as retro streetwear, by selling unique pieces that cater to a niche market.