The Bundang Doosan Tower, located in Seoul, South Korea, was designed by architectural firm Kohn Pedersen Fox to mimic the city's historic gates. The 130-meter tall skyscraper consists of two 27-storey towers sheathed in reflective glass that are connected by a four-story sky bridge set atop the building. The Bundang Doosan Tower stands at the foot of the Gyeongbu Expressway, which leads into the city center, marking it as a metaphorical entranceway.
The tower, which will become the company headquarters for the Doosan Corporation, contains plenty of office space plus an auditorium, daycare center, fitness center, cafe, and a small museum dedicated to laying out the history of the company. The Bundang Doosan Tower's impressive gateway silhouette leaves a mighty impression on passersby, signifying the strength of the company within.
Image Credit: Dezeen
The Bundang Doosan Tower is Inspired By Historic City Gateways
1. Historical Architecture Inspiration - Architecture firms can draw inspiration from historic buildings for contemporary structures, creating iconic designs that pay homage to the past while embracing the future.
2. Innovative Corporate Headquarters - Companies can create inspiring, unique structures for their HQ that showcase their brand image and corporate identity while also serving practical functions like office and event spaces.
3. Gateway Iconography - The iconic silhouette of a gateway can be used as a metaphorical representation of a company's strength and future opportunities, making it a powerful image for branding and marketing materials.
1. Architecture - Architecture firms can use historical inspiration to create unique and inspiring structures for a variety of clients, from corporate headquarters to residential and cultural spaces.
2. Commercial Real Estate - Developers can invest in unique and innovative structures for corporate tenants, drawing on inspiration from historical and cultural sources to create iconic buildings that stand out from the crowd.
3. Corporate Branding and Marketing - The powerful imagery of a gateway can be used by companies in a variety of industries to convey strength, security, and future opportunities, making it an effective tool for branding and marketing campaigns.