Now that 3D printing is on the rise, there are a number of niche machines that are designed to pump out everything from ice cream and fabric to medical parts—now, JK Brickworks is introducing the 'Bricasso.'
This mosaic LEGO printer makes use of the LEGO Mindstorms EV3 in order to scan printed images and recreate it in three dimensions using small brick plates. The machine is even capable of picking up on color to recreate the perfect replica of an imagined design.
Although this LEGO printer only operates on a small scale and needs to build parts in small sections, it's easy to imagine that a larger version would be capable of creating absolutely astounding creations with LEGO building block toys, as some LEGO superfans already do with their own two hands.
JK Brickworks' 'Bricasso' Recreates Scanned Images in LEGO Blocks
1. 3D Printing Technology - Develop more advanced 3D printing technology to create large-scale LEGO creations through automation.
2. Robotics and AI Automation - Combine robotics and AI automation to develop a larger and more efficient LEGO assembly machine.
3. Creative Collaboration - Encourage creative collaboration using LEGO assembly machines and software, fostering a community of innovation.
1. Toy Manufacturing - Automate LEGO assembly to increase production and improve efficiency in the toy manufacturing industry.
2. Retail and Marketing - Explore and develop interactive marketing strategies displaying large-scale LEGO masterpieces in stores using automated LEGO assembly machines.
3. Art and Design - Integrate LEGO assembly machines into art and design industries to create new and unique sculptures, installations, and artworks with complete 3D view of the object beforehand.