Bossy Latinas is a Houston, Texas-based organization that aims to empower female, Latin American entrepreneurs. The company was founded by mother and entrepreneur Laura Acosta who was inspired to help others looking to pursue passion projects while also balancing family life.
Bossy Latinas gets its name from empowering words and encourages its members to be bold in the face of failure, optimistic despite of negativity from naysayers and a servant to one's community. The organization also urges women to be strong and look to the future rather than the past -- attempting to give members the tools they need to adopt positive attributes and break negative cycles. Lastly, Bossy Latinas encourages up-and-coming female entrepreneurs to ask why and to be curious, creative and ahead of the curve.
The organization helps members get inspired and empowered with Houston-wide networking events and workshops that bring together like-minded individuals within the city's Hispanic community.
Bossy Latinas Empowers Houston's Hispanic Business Owners
1. Empowering Latina Entrepreneurs - Opportunities exist for businesses to provide mentorship, resources, and support networks for Latina entrepreneurs.
2. Promoting Boldness and Resilience - Companies can develop programs and initiatives that encourage women to be fearless in pursuing their entrepreneurial ambitions.
3. Fostering Innovation and Curiosity - There is potential for businesses to create platforms that nurture creativity and encourage female entrepreneurs to think outside the box.
1. Professional Development - Professional development organizations can offer workshops and networking events specifically tailored to empower and support Latina entrepreneurs.
2. Female-focused Entrepreneurship - There is an opportunity for companies to create specialized programs and resources to uplift and empower female entrepreneurs, particularly within the Latin American community.
3. Community-building Organizations - Organizations that focus on building and strengthening communities can provide platforms for Latina entrepreneurs to connect, collaborate, and grow their businesses.