It is a difficult task to produce a well-structured and all-inclusive body-positive fashion show, but for Chromat's designer Becca McCharen-Tran, that has never been an issue. For the Ready-to-Wear Fall 2018 collection, the fashion house sets the spotlight on bold colors, revealing silhouettes, quirky sunglasses, expressive make-up and models that vastly vary in build and ethnicity — "a million different kinds of allure, [...] flaunting a life-affirming body confidence."
The Chromat body-positive fashion runway show is centered around the theme of Escapism. Models, wearing skimpy bikini tops with cord-accented flowy pants, sporty swim suit ensembles with thigh-high stockings and suggestive mesh detailing, dominated the show. Encouraged by the audience's applause, the Chromat body-positive fashion collection also features some unlikely non-clothing related accessories, such as soda cans and Cheetos that were held or placed in the pockets of the garments, challenging the notion of model starvation.
Photo Credits: Luca Tombolini / Indigital.tv
The Chromat Fall 2018 Showcases Models of All Shapes, Sizes & Color
1. Body-positive Fashion - Opportunity to design inclusive fashion shows that celebrate diverse body types and promote body confidence.
2. Escapism Theme - Opportunity to create fashion shows centered around the theme of escapism, allowing designers to explore imaginative and creative concepts.
3. Non-clothing Accessories - Opportunity to incorporate unexpected non-clothing accessories into fashion collections, challenging traditional notions of fashion and beauty.
1. Fashion - Fashion designers can embrace body positivity and create innovative designs that cater to diverse body types.
2. Event Planning - Event planners can create immersive fashion shows that transport attendees to different worlds, tapping into the desire for escapism.
3. Food and Beverage - Food and beverage companies can collaborate with fashion designers to create unique and unconventional accessories, merging the worlds of fashion and food.