Researchers from Stanford University have created a BodyNet sticker that is able to track the wearer's body wirelessly. The BodyNet sticker functions by using an RFID connection to power the wearable tech, as well as broadcast data. The sticker is connected to a receiver using the RFID connection, the receiver is located on the wearer's clothing. The smart sticker is able to take measurements on human skin, which can track the number of different things including the wearer's heartbeat, breathing, as well as muscle movements. The receiver then transmits that data to either a computer or mobile device using Bluetooth.
The researchers on the project are looking at creating clothing with antennas integrated into it, in order to further improve the device. This could allow it to be used or a broader range of purposes, including exercise tracking.
Image Credit: Bao Lab
The BodyNet Sticker is Able to Track Breathing and Heart Rate Information
1. Bodynet Technology - The development of BodyNet technology creates opportunities for wearable devices to track breathing, heart rate, and muscle movements wirelessly.
2. Integrated Antenna Clothing - The integration of antennas into clothing creates opportunities for BodyNet technology to be used in exercise tracking and wellness-related applications.
3. Health Monitoring Stickers - The innovation of health monitoring stickers creates opportunities for convenient and non-intrusive tracking of vital health data.
1. Healthcare - The healthcare industry can capitalize on BodyNet technology to provide remote monitoring of vital health data for patients.
2. Fitness - The fitness industry can utilize integrated antenna clothing and BodyNet technology to provide comprehensive exercise tracking for consumers.
3. Technology - The technology industry can invest in the development of health monitoring stickers to create new applications for convenient and non-intrusive health tracking.