For the 70th anniversary of the board game Clue, Hasbro is giving the iconic whodunnit game a fresh new look—marking the first time that the mansion is undergoing a renovation since the game's original release in 1949. For this project, Hasbro teamed up with design site Houzz to give fans the option to vote for how they'd like to see the space updated.
For a limited time, fans are able to weigh in to say whether they'd like to see the Hall of Mr. Boddy’s mansion get a facelift or replaced entirely with a new room—with options including a Drawing Room, an elegantly designed Bathroom or a Guest Room.
The result of the vote is set to be shared on October 21st and a the new and improved version of Clue is set to be available for purchase just in time for the Christmas season.
Houzz is Refreshing the Look of the Board Game Clue for Its Anniversary
1. Modernized Board Games - There is a rising trend of redesigning classic boardgames, such as Clue, to appeal to a modern audience.
2. Crowd-sourced Design - Platforms such as Houzz are tapping into the wisdom of the crowd to help companies update their products and make them more appealing to their consumers.
3. Customizable Consumer Products - Consumers are being given more customizable options when it comes to favorite brands and products, allowing them to have a more personalized experience with the brand.
1. Entertainment - Companies in the entertainment industry can introduce new versions of classic games, appealing to millennial audiences for an increased profit margin.
2. Interior Design/ Home Renovation - Design-oriented websites such as Houzz can leverage their user base to collaborate with companies seeking new design ideas for their products.
3. Retail/ E-commerce - Retailers can offer consumers more options to personalize products, increasing consumer engagement and loyalty to the brand.