The BMW X5 Security Plus is an armored version of the X5 SUV and is designed to protect drivers and passengers against a wide variety of physical threats.
This SUV's cockpit is surrounded by steel armor, while any potential vulnerable parts of the car's structure are protected by pre-shaped aramid and polyethylene parts, with extra attention given to gaps in the car's doors and areas where the body panels overlap.
The vehicle has run-flat tires and a self-healing fuel tank, and is also fitted with laminated security glass to prevent occupants from shrapnel and glass fragments.
Security features aside, the BMW X5 Security Plus is equipped with a 330 KiloWatt (443 horsepower) TwinPower turbo V8 engine. The vehicle's powertrain is designed to give the driver a high level of control, allowing the car to be safely guided under duress.
The BMW X5 Security Plus Protects You From Assaults and Kidnappings
1. Armored Luxury Suvs - There is an opportunity for luxury car manufacturers to produce more armored SUVs, with extra attention to safety features that protect against potential threats.
2. Pre-shaped Protective Parts - With the rising demand for armored vehicles, there is an opportunity for companies to innovate their materials and use of pre-shaped aramid and polyethylene parts to fully protect car structures.
3. Laminated Security Glass - As safety becomes a priority, there is an opportunity to innovate the use and implementation of laminated security glass in all sorts of vehicles.
1. Luxury Car Manufacturing - Luxury car manufacturers have the opportunity to implement more safety features and market armored vehicles.
2. Security and Defense - There is an opportunity for security and defense companies to partner with car manufacturers to add safety features for government needs in high-risk situations.
3. Automotive Glass - Automotive glass manufacturers could innovate their products to meet the demand for laminated security glass to provide safer cars.