Motorcycle fans, get pumped: The upcoming BMW S 1000 RR superbike is allegedly set to be priced within 10% of its Japanese crotch-rocket competition. According to Autoblog, that would put the BMW S 1000 RR motorcycle at about $15,000. Try getting a brand new Ducati or KTM with similar power for that price!
The BMW S 1000 RR motorcycle’s price point is meant to rival Japanese superbikes. “We intend to take the four Japanese head-on. We did not intend to build a motorcycle like Ducati does or KTM does. We wanted to build a mainstream motorcycle,” says Pieter de Waal, Vice President of BMW Motorrad USA to Dealernews.
BMW S 1000 RR Motorcycle Priced at $15,000?
1. Affordable Superbikes - BMW's affordable pricing strategy for the S 1000 RR offers a disruptive innovation opportunity in the superbike market.
2. Mainstream Motorcycles - BMW's focus on building a mainstream motorcycle presents a disruptive innovation opportunity in the motorcycle industry.
3. Competition with Japanese Superbikes - The BMW S 1000 RR's pricing to rival Japanese superbikes opens up a disruptive innovation opportunity in the superbike sector.
1. Motorcycle Industry - The affordable pricing of the BMW S 1000 RR introduces a disruptive innovation opportunity in the motorcycle industry.
2. Superbike Market - BMW's competitive pricing strategy with the S 1000 RR creates a disruptive innovation opportunity in the superbike market.
3. Automotive Industry - BMW's mainstream approach to the S 1000 RR offers a disruptive innovation opportunity in the automotive industry.