The Pogo Automatic Blood Glucose Monitoring System has been launched by Intuity Medical as the first and only FDA-approved automated device for consumers with diabetes to use.
The device features 10 tests in each cartridge that will automatically lance, collect a blood sample and produce a glucose reading with a single press. The device's all-in-one design means persons with diabetes don't need to carry separate lancets and test stripes, while also doing away with constant reloading. The unit is being launched at more than 2,200 Kroger Health pharmacy locations.
President and CEO of Intuity Medical Emory Anderson spoke on the Pogo Automatic Blood Glucose Monitoring System saying, "Intuity Medical is proud to share a joint commitment with Kroger Health pharmacies to make glucose testing simpler for customers with diabetes. We’ve done this by providing Pogo Automatic’s One-Step testing, which automatically does the work of lancing and blood collection, freeing people with diabetes from the hassles of traditional glucose testing."
The Pogo Automatic Blood Glucose Monitoring System Holds 10 Tests
1. Automated Diabetes Monitoring - Introducing FDA-approved automated self-testing devices for people with diabetes.
2. All-in-one Diabetes Care Devices - Innovative diabetes care devices that combine lancets, test strips and monitors, simplifying glucose testing.
3. Smart Glucose Monitoring - Revolutionizing diabetes care with cloud-connected, automated and intelligent glucose monitoring systems.
1. Pharmaceuticals - Pharmaceutical companies can leverage automated diabetes care devices into the self-care market, increasing profitability and boosting market share.
2. Medical Devices - Medical device manufacturers can improve on current designs and introduce innovative diabetes care solutions with features such as cloud connectivity, automated systems and data analytics.
3. Retail and Consumer Goods - Retailers can carry diabetes devices that give consumers convenience, such as easy-to-use all-in-one self-monitoring systems, which have great potential to expand into the health and wellness product lines.