The 'Blink-Board' is an electric skateboard that was recently unveiled at CES 2016. While the concept of an electric skateboard is nothing new, the self-propelled devices have yet to become a mainstream form of transportation. However, this connected skateboard could make the device more popular among young consumers.
The Blink-Board is produced by 'Acton,' which is a company that is best known for its electric roller skates. Now the company is testing out a different form of transportation with its smartphone-connected skateboard. The Blink-Board is modeled after conventional long-boards, yet it measures just 26.5 inches in length. The short deck and the fact the device weighs just 10 pounds makes it an extremely portable form of transportation. In addition to its portability, the Blink-Board is also designed for easy riding. The device allows riders to use their smartphone as a remote control, which facilitates map-based navigation and easy riding.
The Blink-Board demonstrates the future of connected transportation and the demand for new ways of navigating urban environments.
The 'Blink-Board' Was Recently Unveiled at CES 2016
1. Connected Transportation - The increasing demand for innovative ways of navigating urban environments opens up opportunities for connected transportation solutions.
2. Electric Skateboards - The popularity of electric skateboards is growing, creating a market for disruptive innovations in this transportation category.
3. Smartphone-controlled Devices - The integration of smartphones as remote controls for various devices creates potential for disruptive innovation in multiple industries.
1. Transportation - The rise of electric skateboards and connected transportation creates room for disruptive innovation in the transportation industry.
2. Smartphone Technology - The increasing use of smartphones as remote controls for various devices presents opportunities for disruptive innovation within the smartphone technology industry.
3. Urban Mobility - The need for new and portable transportation solutions in urban environments calls for disruptive innovation in the urban mobility industry.