For every blanket purchased, Blanket America provides one product to the impoverished and homeless people of America.
The site invites customers to consider the implications of their purchasing power. "What if the greatest economy in human history matched what it consumed with what it donated?" Blanket America has become committed to connecting communities, retailers and manufacturing in the charitable venture. The business is set up as a 'buy one give one' model. For every blanket, comforter or towel purchased the company donates one to the impoverished population of the United States.
Committed to changing expectations. After choosing to give so many times, the customer will come to expect it. Once this expectation is let down or ignored, consumers will begin to enforce it upon businesses. Change could easily be made through this ideology.
Blanket America is working with and for all, making a movement for cozier communities.
Blanket America website
Blanket America on Facebook
Blanket America on Twitter
Blanket America is a Cozy 'Buy 1 Give 1' Company
1. Community-conscious Consumption - Opportunity for businesses to adopt a 'buy one give one' model and connect with customers who value social impact.
2. Expectation of Giving - Potential for businesses to build customer loyalty by consistently meeting or exceeding expectations of charitable contributions.
3. Cozy Community Movements - Rise of initiatives that bring communities together through the shared experience of giving and receiving.
1. Retail - Retailers can leverage the 'buy one give one' model to attract socially conscious customers and differentiate themselves in the market.
2. Manufacturing - Manufacturers have an opportunity to partner with charitable organizations and create social impact through their production processes.
3. Nonprofit - Nonprofit organizations can explore collaborations with businesses adopting the 'buy one give one' model to amplify the impact of their charitable work.