Power tools might not be the first thing that comes to mind regarding CES, but the Black+Decker Smartech Battery is here to change things in 2016. Working with the new lineup of power tools from the brand, Black+Decker Smartech Battery technology works by connecting power sources to users' smartphones to enhance functionality.
Capable of enabling users to keep track of when it's time to recharge and even restrict usage to prevent children from using the tools, the battery technology will also offer the functionality of charging other devices.
If a battery is misplaced, the new technology will allow users to get the battery to emit a sound to locate it. Able to be purchased separately and incorporated with existing tools, the Black+Decker Smartech Battery helps expand connected home products to the garage.
The Black+Decker Smartech Battery Comes to CES 2016
1. App-connected Power Tools - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create power tools that can be controlled and monitored through smartphone apps, enhancing functionality and convenience.
2. Smart Battery Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop batteries that can connect to smartphones, enabling features like recharging reminders, usage restrictions, and device charging capabilities.
3. Connected Home Products - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Expand the range of connected home products to the garage by incorporating technology into power tools, providing users with smart functionalities and improved convenience.
1. Power Tools - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate smart technology into power tools to create a new generation of connected devices, offering improved functionality and user experience.
2. Battery Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Research and develop advanced battery technology that can be connected to smartphones, enabling new features and applications in various industries.
3. Home Automation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate power tools with smart home systems, allowing seamless integration and control of garage tools within the connected home ecosystem.