Black Mirror Labyrinth is a new attraction at Thorpe Park that's billed as the most thrilling theme park in the UK. The live experience was created to give people a taste of the Netflix sci-fi anthology series and it invites guests to "enter the unnerving near-future."
The first-of-its-kind Black Mirror experience takes the form of a sensory-defying maze that starts by taking a guest's photo. A guest's image is projected on screens during the ride and the whole experience plays with themes like privacy and personal lives. The storyline also includes an AI mastermind and a mysterious hacker who wants to help guests from being deleted from existence. Throughout the ride, fans of the series will appreciate seeing Easter eggs that link to episodes from the dark world of Black Mirror.
Black Mirror Labyrinth at Thorpe Park is a Live Sci-Fi Experience
1. Dystopian Theme Park Attractions - Creating interactive dystopian attractions inspired by popular media like Black Mirror could attract younger, tech-savvy audiences who are seeking immersive entertainment experiences.
2. Sensory-defying Mazes - Designing mazes that incorporate emerging technologies like VR and biometric data could offer new, interactive ways to tell stories and provide engaging entertainment experiences.
3. Easter Eggs in Immersive Entertainment - Including Easter eggs and references to popular media in immersive attractions could create a more engaging and memorable experience for visitors, while also driving interest in the original content.
1. Theme Park - Theme parks could leverage popular media like Black Mirror to create unique, immersive attractions that draw in visitors and offer an edge over competitors.
2. Entertainment - Entertainment companies could explore opportunities to create new, interactive experiences that incorporate emerging technologies and use popular media as a source of inspiration.
3. Technology - Developing new technologies, like biometric data or VR, that could be incorporated into mazes and other immersive attractions offers opportunities for tech companies to expand into the entertainment space.