Bird House Tiles by Klass Kuiken draw attention to the common problem that many birds face in urbanized areas: a lack of places to nest. The shingles feature standard bird houses that are built on basic shingles, which can be easily accessed and nested in by passing birds.
Concerns have been raised regarding the stability of the Bird House Tiles and if they compromise the stability of the roof; this was taken into full consideration during the development and manufacturing of the shingles, so there are no foreseen issues with incorporating them into standard roofs. The tiles are removable to aid with yearly cleaning when standard roof maintenance is practiced.
The Bird House Tiles are perfect for heavily industrialized neighborhoods where small avian critters have been forced out of their natural nests.
Photo Credits: designboom, klaaskuiken.nl
Bird House Tiles by Klass Kuiken Give Birds a Home in Urbanized Areas
1. Urban Bird Nesting - The Bird House Tiles highlight the need for nesting options for birds in urban areas, creating opportunities for innovative urban bird housing solutions.
2. Roof Integration - The shingles' design and stability show potential for integrating bird houses into standard roofs, opening up possibilities for combining architecture with bird conservation.
3. Modular Bird Habitat - The removable tiles allow for easy cleaning and maintenance, suggesting a trend towards modular bird habitats that can be adapted and adjusted as needed.
1. Architecture - Architects can explore incorporating bird houses into their designs, contributing to the creation of bird-friendly urban environments.
2. Roofing - The Bird House Tiles present an opportunity for roofing companies to offer bird-friendly shingles as a sustainable and eco-friendly roofing option.
3. Conservation - The demand for innovative bird nesting solutions presents opportunities for conservation organizations to promote and support the development of urban bird habitats.