If you've ever visited BioShock's Rapture in digital form by playing the video games, you're probably aware that it's not exactly the nicest place in the world to visit.
French artist Laure-Marie Torre has taken the terrifying locale of BioShock's Rapture and turned it into a fascinating tourism guide that probably wouldn't make most people want to visit. For the uninitiated, BioShock's Rapture is an underwater city that was built as a utopia under the sea before things went horribly wrong and the entire populace was driven insane through genetic manipulation. Seems like a lovely place to visit. Torre's tourism kit features some very clever promotions like posters, tourism kits and maps.
These Unsettling Tourist Guides to BioShock's 'Rapture' are Creative
1. Dark Tourism - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop immersive and unsettling tourist experiences based on dark and eerie video game worlds.
2. Artistic Adaptations - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create unique and creative tourism guides that transform fictional worlds into tangible experiences through artistic mediums.
3. Gamification of Tourism - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Merge video game elements with real-world tourism to engage and captivate visitors through interactive and immersive experiences.
1. Travel and Tourism - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop unconventional travel offerings that attract adventurous and thrill-seeking tourists interested in exploring unique and unsettling destinations.
2. Entertainment and Media - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with artists and video game developers to create merchandise and experiences that bridge the gap between virtual worlds and real life.
3. Art and Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine artistic creativity with storytelling to produce innovative and visually captivating tourism guides and promotional materials.