A group of engineers and scientists working out of MIT have developed an extraordinarily advanced bioreactor that is capable of producing a wide array of biopharmaceutical drugs on demand via a system that is both accurate and minimizes wastage of resources.
The system makes use of a special yeast strain that can react to chemical triggers to produce different therapeutic proteins. What makes it such a genius innovation is the fact that it's very compact and portable, and so can easily be used to produce vaccines on the battlefield and even in remote regions.
Ultimately, the MIT bioreactor's big advantage is that it will make it possible for busy and mobile medical professionals to enjoy access to medicines and vaccines that have traditionally only been managed in large facilities. Long-term, the technology could even be drawn upon to produce drugs in space.
This Bioreactor Can Produce Numerous Bio-Pharmaceutical Drugs
1. Compact Bioreactors - Compact and portable bioreactors allow for on-demand production of biopharmaceutical drugs.
2. Chemical-triggered Protein Production - Innovative bioreactors utilize special yeast strains that react to chemical triggers to produce therapeutic proteins.
3. Mobile Medicine Production - Advancements in bioreactor technology enable the production of medicines and vaccines in remote or mobile settings.
1. Biotechnology - Biotechnology companies can leverage compact bioreactors to streamline the production of biopharmaceutical drugs.
2. Pharmaceuticals - Pharmaceutical companies can explore the use of innovative bioreactors to enhance drug production efficiency.
3. Healthcare - Healthcare providers can benefit from mobile bioreactors to produce medicines and vaccines in remote or underserved areas.