In a move that could make the cineplex the place to be again, a theater company in Canada, called Cineplex Odeon, is renting their big screens to gamers. In a move that makes perfect sense to get revenue from downtime, twelve players can have the theater with its gigantic screen and thunderous sound system for a pretty affordable $179 per two hours.
Gamers can bring their own games or use the one provided by the Cineplex facility. Since the XBox only allows four player games, I'm not sure what the other eight dudes will do, except shout insults at the players.
Private XBox Parties at Cineplex
1. Private Gaming Experiences - Opportunity for theater companies to offer private gaming experiences on their big screens.
2. Gaming Venue Rentals - Potential for theaters to generate revenue by renting out their facilities to gamers.
3. Social Gaming Gatherings - Rise in popularity of social gaming gatherings at non-traditional venues, such as movie theaters.
1. Theater and Entertainment - Theater companies can explore new revenue streams by offering gaming experiences in their venues.
2. Gaming and Esports - Opportunity for gaming companies to partner with theaters and create unique gaming events.
3. Event Management - Emergence of a new market for event management companies to organize private gaming gatherings at theaters.