When it comes to increasing cycling safety, almost anything goes and the Bicycle Rearview Camera is one example of that. In place of side mirrors that easily distort the surrounding areas behind the cyclist, this device provides as accurate a view as can be so that riders know exactly what is going on behind them. Considering that many drivers often neglect the fact that they share the road with cyclists, the Bicycle Rearview Camera can help to significantly reduce avoidable accidents while increasing the cyclists' safety.
Available on Hammacher Schlemmer, the Bicycle Rearview Camera comes in two parts. The camera fixes to the seat post while the color monitor is mounted on the handlebars. Weather- and vibration-resistent, it sports red LEDs that flash when the camera's built-in sensor detects low-light conditions for visibility to traffic.
The Bicycle Rearview Camera Increases Visibility and Safety
1. Cycling Safety Tech - Innovation opportunities lie in the development of more advanced and intuitive safety tech for cyclists.
2. Smart Transportation Accessories - Providing riders with intuitive and easy-to-use smart accessories like the Bicycle Rearview Camera can help make cycling a safer and more reliable mode of transportation.
3. Sustainable Transportation Solutions - With increasing concerns for the environment, there is a growing need for sustainable transportation solutions like cycling that can be made even safer with innovative technology like the Bicycle Rearview Camera.
1. Cycling - The cycling industry has an opportunity to capitalize on safety concerns by developing and marketing innovative technology like the Bicycle Rearview Camera.
2. Consumer Electronics - An opportunity exists for consumer electronics companies to develop more cycling-specific accessories and devices like the Bicycle Rearview Camera to meet the needs of the growing number of cyclists who use technology to enhance their riding experience.
3. Automotive - The automotive industry has an opportunity to collaborate on developing and integrating safer technology like the Bicycle Rearview Camera into their designs and infrastructure to increase cycling safety on the road.