The roads in Hainan, China, are not the safest for cyclists, and that's why the Bicycle Club by NL Architects is the ideal place to pedal away without worrying about ending up in the hospital.
Bicycle Club is designed by Amsterdam-based NL Architects that has designed an arena built with a round-about track above a cafe enclosed with a glass partition. The structure is an oval that slopes, allowing avid cyclists to whisk away and practice moves. The protruding canopy is essential in this design, as the area is prone to a tropical climate. The curvaceous upwards canopy takes form of a traditional pagoda, which fits in perfectly with the area's culture.
Two staircases in the structure's core leads up the cycling area with a resort club and restrooms that are situated beneath the stairs. Bicycle Club by NL Architects is a great example of architectural work that maximizes space to provide a communal leisure amenity.
Photo Credits: designboom, nlarchitects.nl
Bicycle Club by NL Architects is an Arena Dedicated to Cyclists
1. Interactive-community-driven Architecture - The Bicycle Club by NL Architects presents a unique model for community-driven architecture.
2. Sustainable-design-and-cycling Tourism - The Bicycle Club by NL Architects creates opportunities for sustainable tourism and ecotourism.
3. Mixed-use Structured Pavilions - The Bicycle Club by NL Architects highlights the benefits and need for mixed-use structured pavilions in cities and communities.
1. Architecture-and-design - The trend towards Interactive-Community-Driven Architecture is a significant opportunity for architecture and design firms to connect with communities and to collaborate on projects that meet their unique needs and cultural identity.
2. Tourism-and-hospitality - The trend towards Sustainable-Design-and-Cycling Tourism highlights an opportunity for tourism and hospitality industries to tap into a growing ecotourism market, focused on sustainable transportation and infrastructure.
3. Outdoor-and-recreational - The trend towards Mixed-Use Structured Pavilions presents an opportunity for outdoor and recreational industries to create unique shared spaces that enhance outdoor experiences and cater to a variety of interests and needs.