Plastic Loving is a series of photographs by Benjamin Deroche that features dolls who are engaging in passionate foreplay.
The plastic dolls are dressed in all white as if fresh out of the delivery room. In the close-up shots of the faces, one can tell that Benjamin Deroche has arranged the dolls to create the illusion that they are alive and full of passion. The photos also contain an aura of eeriness, because seeing plastic play toys come to life is reminiscent of certain horror films such as Chucky.
Plastic Loving turns a child's toy into an object that exudes passion. Whether these dolls are just doing some light kissing or some cozy cuddling, it's easy to tell that they are very much in love.
Benjamin Deroche Makes Playtime Sensual
1. Photography Innovations - Explore new ways to capture and evoke emotions through unconventional subjects like plastic dolls in passionate scenes.
2. Reimagining Playtime - Challenge the traditional perception of toys by transforming them into unexpected objects of desire and human-like emotions.
3. Eerie Aesthetics - Embrace the juxtaposition of beauty and creepiness by creating visually striking images that leave a lasting impression.
1. Art & Design - Artists and designers can push boundaries and challenge norms by incorporating unconventional subjects and themes into their work.
2. Toy Manufacturing - Toy manufacturers can create new lines of products that cater to adults' desires for unconventional playthings.
3. Photography Equipment - Photography equipment manufacturers can develop innovative tools and techniques to capture unique and provocative images.