On top of being adorable, this bear rug designed by Permafrost Studio is pretty unique. The aptly named 'Bear Hug' rugs are shaped in such a way so that multiples of the rug can be arranged together, making it possible to cover a much larger surface area with the tessellated shapes.
Taking inspiration from real bears, there are three colorways for the rug, including a white, a light brown and a darker brown. However, there's nothing at all ferocious about this hugging series of floor coverings. As well as well as being able to tailor how small or large a surface area is covered, the rugs can also be arranged to form quite unusual shapes beyond just the conventional circle, square or rectangular rug designs.
Permafrost Studio's Bear Rug Features Tessellating Shapes & Hugging Bears
1. Multipurpose Rugs - The innovation opportunity lies in designing rugs with tessellating shapes to allow for customization of surface area covered, and unusual shapes.
2. Animal-inspired Home Decor - The trend is shifting toward designing home decor inspired by animals that are aesthetically interesting and playful.
3. Modular Flooring - The opportunity for innovation lies in designs that transform flooring into a modular and interactive surface area that can be rearranged to suit changing needs.
1. Home Decor - The home decor industry can adopt the use of tessellating shapes and multiple design variations in rugs, thus offering more options to consumers.
2. Flooring - The flooring industry could explore modular and interactive design options for flooring to meet the needs of consumers who seek versatility and customization.
3. Textile Design - The textile industry could innovate by designing unique patterns and shapes that can be easily arranged to create customizable surface areas.