Japanese label BEAMS Plus unveils its upcoming Spring/Summer 2018 collection, which is comprised of preppy pieces with a Japanese style. The series updates Trad gear with the Japanese aesthetics incorporated. Influence from Northeastern areas are translated in the range through the boxy suit silhouettes, Americana essentials, and pleated slacks.
Some other details of the new BEAMS Plus collection are the shorts that end above the knee, wide collars, and cropped pants that evoke the traditional preppy look and undermine any stiffness. Layering pieces are also offered to transition into spring, with a selection of sack jackets, and plaid-detailed anoraks. Pattern details such as stripes, Madras checks, and paisleys accent staple pieces. The color palette of the entire series is broad, ranging from muted beige, to bright colors and pastels.
Image Credit: BEAMS
BEAMS Plus' Spring/Summer 2018 Collection Delivers Ivy League Staples
1. Ivy League Influenced Menswear - Opportunity for brands to incorporate Ivy League style with their own cultural background to create unique menswear collections.
2. Boxy Suit Silhouettes - Innovative approach for designers to create suits with unique silhouettes that can add a fresh twist to classic menswear.
3. Muted Beige and Pastel Color Palette - Potential for designers to incorporate a soft color palette in their collections to create a refreshing and calming vibe for consumers.
1. Fashion - Fashion houses can use this collection as inspiration to create their own preppy menswear collections.
2. Retail - Retailers can stock up on these preppy menswear pieces to cater to a wider demographic of consumers.
3. Textiles - Textile companies can take inspiration from the patterns and color palette of this collection to create new fabrics and materials for future collections.