BEAMS and Levi's work in collaboration once again for a Spring/Summer 2019 collection that explores a variety of ways to wear and cut denim materials. The range features design cues that nod to both labels, with structures referencing BEAMS' Japanese roots and materials that are true to Levi's.
The capsule boasts the name 'Inside Out' and it features the signature Trucker jacket, the Western shirt, and more. The most notable element of the entire collaborative collection is referenced in the name, delivering reversed components. The blouson is inspired by the traditional kimono and it uses a progressive application of denim to the slouchy shape for simplistic transitional wear. To accompany the pieces is a graphic tee that features co-branding details of both contributing brands.
BEAMS and Levi's Create a Collection that Explores Denim Materials
1. Reversed Components - There is an opportunity for brands to create collections with inverted designs and structures.
2. Progressive Denim Applications - There is a chance for brands to apply denim in new and inventive ways.
3. Asian-inspired Fashion - There is potential for brands to collaborate with Asian designers and incorporate Asian-inspired designs into their collections.
1. Fashion & Apparel - Fashion brands can explore inverted denim designs and new ways to incorporate denim into their collections.
2. Textile Manufacturing - Textile manufacturers can develop new denim materials and innovative techniques to manufacture them.
3. Collaborative Branding - There is potential for brands to collaborate with other brands from different industries and countries to create new and innovative collections.