The Beam Toothbrush uses smart technology to keep track of people's brushing activities. It is quite similar to the gadgets used to monitor fitness routines and other activities that can often fall to the waste side if people are not diligent about it. The CEO behind the cutting-edge Beam Toothbrush, Alex Frommeyer, explains, "The Beam toothbrush is the first app-connected toothbrush. Nothing about how you brush your teeth changes at all, but what we can do while you’re brushing your teeth does change."
Basically, the Beam Toothbrush is equipped with a sensor that reads and records brushing behaviours. Once synced to the accompanying app, people are able to set more realistic brushing goals to improve their overall daily oral health.
The Beam Toothbrush Monitors Brushing Behaviour Through an App
1. Smart Toothbrushes - There is a growing trend of smart toothbrushes that use technology to monitor brushing activities and improve oral health.
2. Self-tracking Devices - Self-tracking devices are becoming increasingly popular, not only for fitness routines but also for monitoring brushing behaviours.
3. App-connected Personal Care - More personal care products are being designed to connect with smartphone apps, enhancing the user experience and providing valuable data.
1. Oral Care - The oral care industry can capitalize on the trend by developing more advanced smart toothbrushes and complementary products that promote better oral hygiene.
2. Consumer Electronics - The consumer electronics industry can explore the potential of self-tracking devices, such as smart toothbrushes, to expand their product lines and provide additional value to consumers.
3. Health and Wellness Apps - Health and wellness app developers can consider integrating features for monitoring brushing behaviours in their existing apps, offering a comprehensive solution for users' personal care needs.