In her Bauhaus-inspired fashion collection for the upcoming Fall/Winter 2018 season, designer Mary Katrantzou combines the modernist aesthetic of the movement with subtle detailed hints from "the decorative Victorian era." The result is a collection of loud silhouettes that essentially make a captivating stylish statement -- from the mesmerizing patterns to the unconventional shapes.
The Bauhaus-inspired fashion capsule had its runway debut during London Fashion Week. In it, Mary Katrantzou pays tribute to the school with iconic graphics. She then juxtaposes them with "earlier decorative work, particularly from the Arts and Crafts movement." Thus, the offerings for Fall/Winter 2018 are not only extravagant, chic and colorful. They also carry an unmistakable artistic merit and decisively celebrate the Bauhaus school's undeniable contribution to design-forward industries.
Mary Katrantzou's FW 2018 Line Boasts Loud Graphics and Layouts
1. Loud Silhouettes - There is a trend towards fashion collections that feature bold and attention-grabbing shapes and patterns.
2. Bauhaus-inspired Graphics - Designers are incorporating iconic graphics from the Bauhaus movement into their fashion collections, creating a modernist aesthetic.
3. Artistic Merit in Fashion - Fashion collections are increasingly incorporating artistic elements, celebrating the intersection of fashion and art.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can leverage loud silhouettes to create unique and standout collections that appeal to artistic consumers.
2. Graphic Design - The use of Bauhaus-inspired graphics in fashion collections opens up opportunities for graphic designers to collaborate with fashion designers and create visually captivating designs.
3. Arts and Crafts - The incorporation of decorative elements from the Arts and Crafts movement in fashion collections presents opportunities for collaboration between fashion designers and artisans in industries such as jewelry, textiles, and home decor.