Fashion label BASICKS unveils its first-ever runway show and it takes place at the DHL Distribution Center during Rakuten Fashion Week Tokyo. The capsule is made for the Spring/Summer 2023 season and features a sustainable mindset at the forefront of the looks.
Joining forces with DHL, the two share the environmentally friendly perspective and deliver a show that highlights upcycled fashion. The color palette features yellow, red, and. black, which is seen decorating silhouettes such as denim pants, tops, and the notable crinoline dress. Speaking about the collaboration, DHL Express Japan's President Tony Khan states, “Although the logistics and fashion industries are different, the need for sustainability initiatives to fulfill responsibilities towards the environment is no different.”
Image Credit: DHL
BASICKS Presents its New Designs at a Distribution Center
1. Sustainable Fashion - Opportunities for designers to create eco-friendly clothing lines and showcase their products at sustainable runways.
2. Upcycled Clothing - Incorporating recycled fabrics and materials can provide innovative clothing designs and reduce waste in landfills.
3. Logistics Commitment to Sustainability - Logistics companies can incorporate sustainable practices and collaborate with designers to promote ecologically aware fashion shows.
1. Fashion - Opportunities to design sustainable clothing lines and debut at eco-friendly runway shows.
2. Textile and Fabric Manufacturing - Innovations in the production of sustainable fabric and recycled materials can benefit the fashion industry and promote eco-friendly fashion shows.
3. Logistics and Delivery - Collaborations between logistics companies and fashion designers can lead to sustainable practices and eco-conscious runway show initiatives.