Banter by Piercing Pagoda is venturing into the metaverse with a phygital fine jewelry collection that explores the use of augmented reality technology. The six-piece digital jewelry collection launched in collaboration with digital fashion platform DRESSX offers a fun new way for fans of adornment to express themselves and build their "metacloset."
In the six-piece collection of phygital fine jewelry, there are pieces with gems that can change colors, as well as gold tattoos and astrology necklaces that add stars to the cheeks. Each of these digital jewelry pieces pushes the boundaries of what accessories can do for wearers.
Leading specialty kiosk retailer Banter by Piercing Pagoda is the first brand in Signet Jewelers' portfolio to enter the metaverse and the collaboration is DRESSX's first-ever partnership with a major jewelry brand.
Banter by Piercing Pagoda Entered the Metaverse with Six Styles
1. Phygital Fine Jewelry - The use of augmented/virtual reality technology in fine jewelry is a new way of exploring / shopping fine jewelry.
2. Digital Collaborations - Collaborations between traditional industries (like fine jewelry) and digital platforms (like DRESSX) can bring forward new opportunities.
3. Interactive Accessories - The creation of accessories that can interact with their environment (such as changing colors) or add new elements to the wearer's appearance (such as stars to the cheeks) is a new trend in jewelry design.
1. Fine Jewelry - Fine jewelry can leverage innovation and technology to stand out in a crowded market and reach new audiences.
2. Virtual Reality - Virtual and augmented reality technology companies can explore new opportunities in the traditional fine jewelry industry through innovation and collaboration.
3. Fashion E-commerce - E-commerce platforms that focus on fashion and accessories can expand their business by collaborating with traditional fine jewelry brands and offer customers new interactive experiences.