Out of all the bamboo displays in the world, this one is by far the most likely to light up your life.
The 'Boo' display by Daan Roosegarde is essentially a high-tech bamboo display that lights up Hotelschool, which is the Hague's courtyard in Amsterdam. The bamboo displays are 6-meters high and not only give off a pleasant green glow, but are equipped with motion sensors to react to viewers walking through the display. The green glow is achieved by equipping the bamboo stalks with LED lights. If there is no one in the square the 'Boo' ghost takes over, which causes the lights to react to each other instead of an actual person wandering the square. If there are multiple people in the square, the lights will react accordingly to interact with the multiple visitors. All the bamboo display is missing is some incandescent panda bears.
Daan Roosegarde’s 'Boo' Display Lights Up Amsterdam
1. High-tech Bamboo Displays - Introduce displays made of high-tech bamboo with LED lights and motion sensors, creating unique and interactive experiences.
2. Eco-friendly Lighting Solutions - Explore eco-friendly lighting solutions using sustainable materials, such as bamboo, to create visually appealing displays for sustainability-minded consumers.
3. Interactive Public Art Installations - Create interactive public art to attact people in public spaces, using technology and unique materials like bamboo.
1. Architecture and Design - Collaborate with architects to create visually appealing and sustainable features such as bamboo displays for public spaces or building exteriors.
2. Event Production - Develop unique and interactive event experiences using high-tech bamboo displays as a sustainable alternative to traditional lighting solutions.
3. Tourism - Use high-tech bamboo displays to attract tourists to outdoor public spaces and tourist attractions by creating visually appealing and memorable experiences.