Balloon messages could be likened to a new form of the classic message in a bottle. Using biodegradable balloons, notes, images or videos can be launched into the air with the intention of finding someone along its aimless journey. These balloon messages are obtained via a website and printed on a piece of A6 paper.
Created by David Colombini, the balloon message project has been dubbed 'Attachment.' Touted as 'a poetic way to communicate with people,' anyone is invited to participate even though the physical machine is located in Renens, Switzerland. The balloon message is placed inside a biopolymer cylinder and attached to a balloon before being released. Psfk notes that it's an fun way to "rediscover expectation, the random, and the unexpected."
Attachment by David Colombini Sends Messages to Strangers by Air
1. Biodegradable Balloon Communication - Opportunities for expanding on the use of biodegradable balloons for communication and messaging while reducing environmental impact.
2. Randomized Message Delivery - Innovations in randomized or chance message delivery systems for personal or commercial use as a means of communication and marketing.
3. Poetic Messaging Trends - Identification of new trends in poetic messaging and creative ways of communication that facilitate strong emotional connections.
1. Advertising - The use of randomized balloon messaging for advertising and brand messaging offers an innovative approach to reaching new audiences.
2. Tourism - Incorporating balloon messaging into tourism experiences offers a unique and memorable way for travelers to connect with one another and local communities.
3. Events - The use of biodegradable balloons for messaging at events such as weddings and parties offers a sustainable and creative way to communicate with guests.