This yet to be established travel service enables you to avoid baggage fees if you are willing to turn your luggage into ad space. Set to launch next year, Orion hopes to use advertising revenue to offset the cost of oversized and extra bags when flying.
They will be offering sponsored hard-shell suitcases, or "mobile luggage billboards." Baggage fees will be covered by an annual subscription fees customers will pay to purchase sponsor-subsidized suitcases. They will in turn receive gift cards so they can check bags for free on up to six trips a year. Customers can also choose the skins that go on their suitcases, from political candidates to automotive companies and Hollywood films.
Following their launch, Orion hopes to add other services including smart luggage tracking and travel club benefits.
Orion Helps Travellers Cover Baggage Fees By Turning Luggage Into Ads
1. Sponsor-subsidized Suitcases - Opportunity to create a new travel advertising service by leveraging sponsor-subsidized suitcases that offset baggage fees.
2. Mobile Luggage Billboards - Disruptive innovation opportunity in the luggage industry by creating hard-shell suitcases that can be used as mobile luggage billboards.
3. Smart Luggage Tracking - Opportunity to provide smart luggage tracking as an additional service to further enhance the travel experience of users.
1. Advertising - Advertising companies can use the opportunity to create new ways of promoting their client's products or service in the travel industry through sponsor-subsidized suitcase ads.
2. Luggage - Luggage manufacturers can take advantage of the new opportunity to produce customized hard-shell suitcases for users who prefer to display their preferred brands or political affiliations on their luggage.
3. Travel Services - Potential for existing travel services like airlines and online travel agencies (OTAs) to partner with Orion to offer extra benefits to their customers in return for advertising exposure on the suitcases.